Today I took a few minutes to unbox the Greener Chef Japanese Gyuto Chef Knife. I reviewed their organic bamboo cutting board previously, and was eager to test out their brand new knife. This Japanese chef knife is made from a VG10 core with a Damascus 67-layer design, and 60 Rockwell Hardness. This design allows the knife to maintain a sharper edge for a longer period of time. It also comes an XL Organic Bamboo Cutting Board. This is the first knife from the Greener Chef, and it is offered through Amazon.
Watch the full Greener Chef Japanese Gyuto Chef Knife unboxing below:
- Securely packaged – The knife and cutting board are well packaged. There was no damage to the cutting board, and the knife was attached to the board with rubber bands. The packaging would work well as a gift.
- Sharp out of the box – A few quick test cuts on some 20# printer paper shows how sharp this knife comes. I am really impressed with it’s sharpness right out of the box.
- Balanced knife – This chef knife has a little weight to it, but it can be balanced at the bolster without issues.
- Durable handle – G-10 fiberglass handle is comfortable while holding it.
- Elegant finish – The hammered tsuchime rose finish gives this knife a beautiful look. This finish also allows food to not stick to the blade.
- Bamboo Sheath – The knife fits nicely into the sheath; however, the little pin that locks it into place is a little issue. Not sure how long before the pin doesn’t stay in and I loose it.
- Cutting Board Included – This knife also comes with an organic bamboo cutting board.
- Lifetime Warranty – This company has taken all the risk on theirselves. If for any reason you are not satisfied with the knife or cutting board, you can get your money back. You don’t have anything to lose!
After unboxing this knife I am excited to start using it in my kitchen. I’d like to see how the Greener Chef Chef Knife compares to some of the other well known brand of knives. I’ll be using this knife in my kitchen for the next couple weeks, and will share a full review of my findings.
If you have any questions about the Greener Chef Japanese Gyuto Knife, feel free to send them to me through my Contact Page, and I will do my best to get an answer for you.